I was lucky enough to receive a dinosaur-shaped silicone muffin tray (like this) for Christmas, and finally had a chance to try them out. Fancy a recipe?
SPELT AND SPICE MUFFINS
Makes 12 muffins
2 Cups plant-based milk (I used a mixture of almond, and soy when that ran out)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 Cups white spelt flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp allspice (also known as Jamaica pepper)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 Cup raw sugar
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F, or gas mark 6). For metal muffin trays: spray lightly with oil. For silicone muffin trays: place on a metal oven tray.
2. Combine milk, vinegar and vanilla in a measuring jug and allow to curdle.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, cinnamon and sugar. Make a well in the centre.
4. Pour milk mixture and oil into well in centre of mixing bowl, and fold quickly to moisten dry ingredients.
5. Gently fold dried fruit into mixture.
6. Divide mixture evenly across muffin trays, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked in centre.
7. Place trays on wire racks and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from trays and continue to cool on wire rack.